A. Schulman Agrees to Purchase Mash Compostos Plasticos
Acquisition Would Enhance A. Schulman’s Position in Brazil Masterbatch and Engineered Plastics Markets
“A. Schulman’s proposed acquisition of Mash presents us with an opportunity to expand our already-growing presence in Brazil and Latin America, and to advance two of our long-term strategic objectives – being the leading global manufacturer in masterbatch and in niche markets in engineered plastics.”Joseph M. Gingo
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of A. Schulman
October 18, 2010
Combination of Companies
On October 18, 2010, A. Schulman, Inc. announced the signing of a definitive agreement for Mash to be acquired by A. Schulman. This proposed transaction meets the Company’s criteria of providing growth opportunities for its business, generating maximum return on invested capital, creating additional shareholder value and enhancing its ability to serve customers.
Mash is the right strategic fit for A. Schulman as it brings:
- State-of-the-art technology for the production of specialized additives and plastic materials
- A market approach aligned with A. Schulman’s core competencies, particularly in BOPP and other film applications
- Geographic expansion which will allow A. Schulman to expand its relationships with current customers in Brazil and other South American Countries
- The opportunity for A. Schulman to enhance the Company’s competitive position, leading with technology
- A strong management team oriented to provide technological solutions and service for sophisticated customers and applications
The two companies believe this transaction will bring significant value and opportunity to the customers of the combined business.